Sunday, July 18, 2010

Doin' the toner dance

So yesterday I actually finished a novella!!

Got a little elbow strain from patting myself on the back. I got to the end of the first draft of the sequel to Icarus Rising [my upcoming Liquid Silver release]. Icarus Unbound is now ready for the first round of editing. Hurrah!

Of course, I needed to print it out - I like to curl up with hard copies of my manuscripts to do first round editing, this way I can physically cut and paste things. Sometimes the old fashioned way just works better.

I was six pages to the end of the printing and my toner cartridge crapped out on me.
Never fails. I haven't printed more than 1 page at a time in last six months so I guess the strain was too much for it.

I had to take the cartridge out, shake it all about, and put it back in to get two more pages. Then I had to do it all over again. And again, until I finally got the last of the pages to print. I'm ever so glad I didn't double space.

Now DH is out at the movies with the kids, and then he's going to swing by Staples and pick me up a new cartridge.

Have you ever done the toner dance?

I'd keep a spare on hand, but darn they're expensive. Maybe I'll ask for one as a Christmas present so this doesn't happen again.

Then again, if I'd had a spare, I would have just popped the old one out and replaced it, and I wouldn't have squeezed those last six pages out.

No comments: