Thursday, January 06, 2011

The number to beat

is 72.


I read 72 books in 2010. That does include books I've edited and does not include mulitple reads of the same book.


For Christmas I got a Kindle - and I love it! I've read three books on it already [including the instruction manual, though I don't think I'll add that to my Books Read list for 2011.] I'm looking forward to seeing if I'll read more books or less in 2011 because of that. I can already tell I will probably spend more money on books this year, because it's so easy to buy Kindle books. As a consumer - I have to worry a bit, because whenever it's too easy to spend money, well, that's what we consumers do, but as an author I'm thrilled.
Making books easier to buy and easier to read can only help authors everywhere - so maybe the publishing industry, which has suffered just as much as any other industry in our dismal economy, will actually have a bright future.


How many books have you read in 2010?


Were most of them print or digital?

If you get a chance hop over to Killer Chicks for Joann Swanson's post about scary things. What scares you? I'm always afraid of running out of books!



1 comment:

Cora Zane said...

I'm not sure how many exactly, but I am absolutely positive most of them were digital - by more than half.