Saturday, October 29, 2005

Leavin' on a jet plane...



My long-awaited vacation starts tomorrow. Hopefully a change of venue will jump start the creative process and I’ll be raring to go when I get back and settle into my new routine as an almost-full-time writer.

It’s funny how all I can think about is how things will be when I get back. I’m not a good traveler. I don’t appreciate airplanes or airports or packing everything I might possibly need during the course of a week into a vinyl box and handing it to some stranger whose job it is to make sure my stuff meets me in some distant city. Most people think I’m nuts – of course anyone about to go on vacation should be walking on air and I’m a snapping turtle wishing I could just retreat into my shell until the ‘getting there’ part is over. That’s not half the fun, as far as I’m concerned.

Ah, well. Adversity, real or imagined, makes us stronger. I’m sure my colorful friend here would agree. Catch you in a week. Here's hoping my luggage doesn't have a better time than I do.

3 comments:

Angela's Designs said...

I hope you enjoy your trip! Next summer I'm planning on bringing my nephew when he comes to visit. That's the plan. I told him I would, and I'm sure he'll remember!

Kimberly Kaye Terry said...

Have a wonderful time Bernadette! Vacation's can be a wonderful time to rejuvenate and get those creative juices flowing!! Have no fear!

Love and Light
Kim

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »