Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Interview with a Gargoyle

It's finally available! I'd like to thank everyone who pre-ordered INTERVIEW WITH A GARGOYLE. I hope you find it worth the wait.

So much work went into this book, it’s hard to believe I finally ended up with a finished product considering how many times I rewrote it, shifted scenes around, added and removed things. At one point, I was literally cutting and pasting – with scissors and tape – scenes in a new order so the narrative would flow better. I thought it was a risk getting into the villian’s head, but since that’s where the hero Blake spends so much of his time, I felt the reader had to be there with him to understand the madness and desperation behind the Witch Hunter’s curse. There are scenes in this book that still bring me to tears, years after they were first written.

Visit Samhain Publishing for an excerpt - and on Wednesday, stop by Killer Chicks to read an interview with the gargoyle himself, my hero, Blake DeWitt.

No comments: