Monday, November 07, 2005

Contemplative vistas


I’m a daydreamer from way back. I’ve always loved to stare off over the horizon and imagine what’s out there, look up at the stars and think about what someone in some distant galaxy might be thinking, or gaze at a gorgeous landscape and populate it with characters from a story.

I don’t get to do much photography lately, but now and then I take an interesting shot or two and I thought I’d post them here and call them my Contemplative Vistas Collection. Perhaps they’ll inspire a fellow author to create a scene or even an entire novel – that’s all it takes sometimes is a snapshot, a snippet of dialogue perhaps – to launch an entire book. If any of my vistas inspire, let me know, I’d be thrilled.

This first one is a scenic view of Tom Sawyer’s Island in the Magic Kingdom at Disney World. It makes me think of fairytale, maybe a princess who can spin straw into gold, or an idyllic cottage where an innkeeper and his wife raise a passel of feisty daughters. How about you?

5 comments:

Angela's Designs said...

I can still remember some of the scenes from your novel I read over a year ago. I guess I can tell that about you, by the way you pay attenion to details that you describe.

Two Voices Publishing said...

Thanks Annalee and Antonio. :)

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »

Anonymous said...

What a great site Valium addiction treatment lifetime 79960 basketball evolution health and fitness Fort myers tennis competition license plate frames college Hair loss msnbcmsncom site womens Bar room bets Free management training resources Refill epson cartridges Amana electronic air filters buy buy diazepam diazepam online valium Celexa prescription Used surveillance cameras facial skin care product distributor Sale levitra Mom son hardcore fucking

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » » »