Monday, February 04, 2008

Subconscious musings

Occasionally I have really cool dreams - like Thumbworld for instance and the time I was in the middle of a Stargate SG-1 episode, but most of the time my dreams are just random weirdness.

Like the other night, I dreamed about brownies. [Okay, this makes sense since I'm on a diet]. Someone had made a plate of deep, dark chocolate fudge brownies and left them on the table. I wanted to have one - and everyone around kept reminding me I was on a diet and I shouldn't have one. I was yelling at everyone, 'I just want one! Just ONE!'

And they wouldn't let me have one.

The dream world can be a cruel place.

Crueler still, last night I dreamed about Amy Winehouse.

I have no idea why. I don't listen to her music. Her faux bee hive and kohl-rimmed eyes turn me way off and I have a rule about avoiding trainwreck celebrities [Sorry, Britney - not that I ever was a fan].

Ms. Winehouse was in a police car. [Not a stretch from what I hear about her]. But oddly, in my dream, she was driving it.

I do think it's time for some mind-altering medication.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Winehouse was arrested for stealing your brownie?

Two Voices Publishing said...

LOL. I don't know. Maybe I called the police to come and help me GET a brownie from the mean people and she showed up. Screwsville for me, I'd say.