Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Fish Called Wanda



It's ironic I suppose, that my last surviving goldfish, Wanda, passed away today just as I completed my merman story.

I guess she wanted to hold on to the end, but she's been in a bad way since her companion, Cosmo, died a few months ago.

I cleaned out her tank this morning and she seemed fine, but by lunchtime, she was swimming upside down and shortly thereafter stopped swimming all together.

Poor Wanda. She was a good fish. I think maybe the stress of living with a curious cat got to be too much for her.

With my rough draft done, I'm now planning to take another few days off to catch up on other projects before diving [pun intended] into work on another paranormal full length novel.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Wanda!

As long as the same doesn't happen to your merman....

Two Voices Publishing said...

No, he actually does pretty well for himself. ;)

Anonymous said...

That happened to me when I was fish sitting once. Apparently, I poached the thing when I put fresh water in. (I thought fish liked warmer water)