Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer Menu

No, this has nothing to do with food, though DH and I have been talking a lot about changing our diet, the menu I’m talking about is my TBR pile. I recently joined ANOTHER book club. Yes, I signed up for the Mystery Guild because I couldn’t pass up their deal – five books for 99 cents. What avid reader couldn’t?

I got my order the other day and I can’t wait to dig in to the first course, but I’m also waiting on delivery of the next Stephanie Plum novel and I want to read that one first.

So here, in no particular order, are the books I have on my list for the next few months.

Finger Lickin’ Fifteen by Janet Evanovich
Devil Bones by Kathy Reichs [my first Temperance Brennan book!]
Fire and Ice by Julie Garwood
Lethal Legacy by Linda Fairstein
Still Life by Joy Fielding
Running Hot by Jayne Ann Krentz
Bones of Betrayal by Jefferson Bass

I’m also dying to get my hands on the Castaways by Elin Hildebrand, but it’s not out yet, and of course I’m waiting with bated breath for the next installment of Karen Marie Moning’s Fae series, which incidentally trumps everything on the list.

So tell me...do you join book clubs? I can’t help myself. Anytime I’m offered books at a bargain, I’m hooked. How about you?

3 comments:

Jen said...

Have you read Fielding's "See Jane Run"?

I read it a very long time ago and I still remember I couldn't put it down.

Two Voices Publishing said...

Haven't read that one. I'll have to check it out. My mom just told me she ordered Castaways! Score!! That's one I can delete from my wish list now. And the Stephanie Plum book arrived today so I'm psyched.

Don't worry, I also put in 2000 words on my WIP. So there. It's not all procrastinating.

Jen said...

lol, congrats on the 2k