Thursday, September 09, 2010

It's not the spider itself

...that freaks me out {okay, yes, it sort of is} as much as the question of how the damn thing got into the bathtub in the first place.


It was about 10:00 PM last night when I meandered in the bathroom and saw this. Needless to say chaos ensued. I kid you not, this was the biggest spider I have ever seen. It was fortunate he was somewhat contained since DH was sound asleep and would have been a bear if I'd woken him up.

I dispatched the beast forthwith, but the nagging question since then has been - where did it come from and where had it been hiding before it showed up in the tub?

4 comments:

JB Lynn said...

Ewww! I hate spiders. I can't believe you took the time to get your camera. I would have immediately smashed the thing into oblivion with a bottle of shampoo.

Bernadette Gardner and Jennifer Colgan said...

I figured I should have a photo, in case it ate me, there would be evidence as to what had happened to me.

It took bug spray, hot water and a bottle of maple syrup, but we got it. The bathroom is now safe for democracy again.

Anonymous said...

How big was the spider? Spiders of any size terrify me. I *often* find them in tubs and I too am stumped by this.

Do you have any books coming in the next months?

Bernadette Gardner and Jennifer Colgan said...

The spider was...really very, very big. It looked to me like a couple of inches across, but then again, I think all bugs are too big for their own good.

As for books coming out - I'll tell you about them in my next post. Thanks for asking!