Thursday, January 26, 2006

The View from my Desk


This is the reason why I don’t get as much work done as I’d like to sometimes. This face, accompanied by a wet-nosed nudge under my elbow or an indignant moan when he wants a dog treat or to be let outside, makes up a good portion of my daily interruptions.

Saber is a good dog, but he’s needy. That’s a Dalmatian trait. They like lots of attention and they like to be the big baby of the household. He’s a chicken most of the time, afraid of his own shadow, but just let UPS or FedEx pull up outside and he turns into Cujo. He likes to bite packages when they’re delivered and he despises the mailman.

At least he’s too big to climb in my lap or walk across my keyboard like a cat, but he would if he could. I’ve discussed boundaries with him, and how I need my ‘Mommy time’ to get my work done, but it doesn’t seem to sink in.

I've considered the Pet Psychic and the Pet Whisperer, but I can't swing flying an expert in from acorss the country so I just have to deal with it. At least he doesn't give me funny looks when I talk to myself, like the kids do.

4 comments:

K.A.S. said...

He's adorable! I can see why you'd be distracted ;)

And - you've been tagged, to commit a Random Act of Kindness. Pass it on!
http://ksteele2.blogspot.com/2006/01/random-acts-of-kindness.html

Two Voices Publishing said...

Hmm. Okay, I'll be on the lookout for an opportunity.

Angela's Designs said...

Oh, puppy alert! Adorable. I like Dalmations. Don't have one though.

Two Voices Publishing said...

Having just spent over $200 on his annual checkup, shots and medications, I'd be happy to ship him to you, Annalee. ;)