Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #3


Thirteen things on my bulletin board

1. My ‘Make Progress Every Day’ sign. Ever since I put it up, I do believe I’ve made progress every day.

2. My release calendar. I have a three column table with thumbnails of all my books and their release dates. It comes in handy a LOT.

3. A four-leaf clover that my son found. We taped it to a piece of white cardboard.

4. Three key chains. They’re too nice to put my keys on and stuff in my purse, so I display them like art.

5. Copies of the best seller lists my books have been on. A perpetual AttaGirl for me.

6. A reminder card for my next dentist appointment.

7. A Serenity pin. [I’m a Firefly fan.]

8. My RWA membership card

9. Guidelines for my next Amber Quill Amber Pax submission. I haven’t started writing it yet. Egads.

10. My Submission calendar – who’s got what and for how long?

11. A teeny tiny bumper sticker that says: The Meaning Of Life Is To Live It

12. The phone number for PSE&G, so I can call in my reading if I miss the meter reader.

13. A little paper bottle that came in the People magazine. It has wildflower seeds pressed into it and you’re supposed to plant it and water it and they will grow. I’m waiting for nice weather so I can plant it outside and see what happens.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!






PS: I tried a Mr. Linkys. If it doesn't work, leave your URL in comments and I'll add you here:

1.

33 comments:

Nicole Austin said...

That's so organized, and so no me. I always say that I'm going to put things like reminder notes and such where I'll find them again, but never do.

Anonymous said...

How cool that he found a 4-leaf clover! :)

Selena

Emma Wayne Porter said...

I really meant to comment on the T13, but then I saw the Pelican Brief cover boy.

*fanning face*

Niiiiiice cover.

Anonymous said...

I adore the idea of #1 -- might have to try that!

Elle Fredrix said...

Number 11. Great line!

Rhonda Helms said...

I love your motto from #1, too. GREAT list!

My stuff is always cluttered...haha

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, seeds! I got mine in the starter container - most of them have tiny little shoots of green. Can't wait to get them in the ground.

Amanda Young said...

A board sounds like a good idea. I might have to get me one of those. Right now I'm using an online calendar and email reminders. :)

Unknown said...

I love this idea. I might have to try that soon.

Kim Knox said...

I wish I was this organised, *sigh* LOL

Kim

Dayna_Hart said...

ooh Great list, Jen!!

Do you have pictures of your covers up near your desk? You've certainly got some beautiful ones.

R.G. ALEXANDER said...

You are very organized. I'm impressed. :)

Unknown said...

I've been looking for years to find a four leaf clover. I'm totally jealous! I really need to get something like that to organize myself.

Sydney Somers said...

I have a bulletin board that used to have stuff on it. My three year old is notorious for snatching my tacs though.

Karen Erickson said...

I have a bulletin board but it has nothing on it but a March calendar. :( I need to get organized like you!

I love the fact that your son found a four leaf clover!

Great list. ;)

Shelli Stevens said...

I love the four leaf clover! That's great :)

Em said...

I like #5! I think that's a really good idea!

Two Voices Publishing said...

Thanks for stopping by everyone! I'm having a ball blog hopping today. I love TT.

Don't let my list fool you, I'm not as organized as I sound. Right now the bed is half made, clothes need to be hung up, dishes need to be washed, the fish tank needs to be cleaned and what am I doing? I'm bog hoppin'. C'est la vie!

Loribelle Hunt said...

I wish I was that organized lol! I think I'm not making the best use of my bulletin board. :)

Kate Willoughby said...

I don't have a bulletin board. My son collects key chains, though and has some of them hanging on a BB. :) Happy TT!

Daisy Dexter Dobbs said...

Holy cow, just the thought of being that organized makes my head hurt! LOL

I think I like #3, the four-leaf clover, best of all. I did the same thing when my daughter found one years ago. :-)

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

You are waaaay too organized. Bulletin board? I haven't seen one of those since I left school. Now...ask me what's on my desk and I can tell you about the Hershey kiss wrappers, one lone leather glove, and Lady and the Tramp pen that doesn't write anymore but still lights up.

Anonymous said...

I'm just jealous you have a desk, someplace to hang that bulletin board near. :) A 4-leaf clover is way cool!

Stephanie said...

Great List! I love your blog, btw!

I'm with your on Firefly!!

Brenda said...

I love #11 and try to follow that very plan everyday.

P. Robinson said...

I love four leaf clovers and everything lucky. Keep adding to that board girl!

Marie said...

very interesting TT list!!

Two Voices Publishing said...

This is so cool! Thursday Thirteen rocks! And I'm sooo glad the Mister Linky actually worked! Woo hooo!

Amelia Elias said...

Hey, I want a Serenity pin! Where do I get one???

Crazy Working Mom said...

Hope that the seeds grow for you! :) Good luck and great list.

Thanks for dropping by.

Tempest Knight said...

I wish my bulletin board was organized as yours. :D

Two Voices Publishing said...

Hi Amelia! A ex-friend of my husband's got the pin for me at a convention. If I come across anything like it anywhere, I'll let you know.

And seriously, peeps, I'm NOT organized. It just seems that way from afar. I swear. ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow - I wish I had #2, #5, #8 - ahh heck, I'll just take everything LOL> Well not the dentist reminder (or appointment for that matter).