Tuesday, September 25, 2007

'Tis the Season

It was strange to actually have something new to watch on network television last night. I'd almost forgotten what it was like.

After spending the summer running pell mell through my Netflix cue, I'm not used to watching commercials, but I sacrificed last night so I could watch the premiere of How I Met Your Mother, one of my favorite shows.

It was cute and enjoyable of course, but the new show on CBS afterward had me rolling.
The Big Bang Theory is about a couple of science geeks living in the big wide world. I know science geeks. They're hilarious.

I'll predict right now the show won't last long - why? Well, you actually have to listen to the dialogue to get the jokes - a lot like British TV. Lines like, "I've never reneged on a proffer of sperm before," might leave a lot of people going, huh? But that's just what I like about it. Characters arguning string theory is funny to someone who grew up watching Star Trek along with Sesame Street.

Update on writing:

I've done second round revisions on Uncross my Heart and it still needs some more tweaking. I'm working on second round revisions of Skin which is going a little bit easier and I'm dying to work on my WIPs. I'm making progress one syllable at a time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's terrible when the new tv season starts because its call can lure me away from writing. Watched the premiere of Heroes and found it to be totally uninspired.

Two Voices Publishing said...

I couldn't sit through Heroes either. Did you catch the premiere of House?

I've definitely gotten used to watching TV only on my own schedule, when I'm completely exhausted and need to veg.