Thursday, May 14, 2009

Still here!

I haven't fallen out of cyberspace, if that's what you're wondering. It's just been a mega-busy week. Between the regular job, taking extra hours at the part-time, part time job, proctoring the bi-annual ASE tests and editing, I barely have time to sit down, let alone blog.

To recap:

My query blitz yielded some interesting results. Of course I'm holding my breath and checking my e-mail obsessively.

I started rewrites on my rewrites of my gargoyle story. I'm going to whip that thing into perfect shape if it kills me.

I made an executive decision about writing - specifically that my next major project will be another full length novel and that I will try very hard to only work on one manuscript at a time at least over the summer. This means there may not be any novellas appearing for a while, so my name may be scarce among the epubs for a while.

It's season finale week with most of the networks, so as much as I'll miss my favorite shows, I may have nothing better to do but write in the coming weeks. Can't use good TV as an excuse any more.

I have renewed my obsession with Star Trek! After seeing the movie, I now remember why I grew up LOVING the show and the characters. I won't go so far as to say I miss being active in fandom - I'm not really a club person anymore, not that I ever was much of one, but I do realize how much I missed epic science fiction.

****

Well, off to Job # 3 now. I'll try not to go another five days without blogging.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Fingers crossed for you on your subs.

LOVE Gargoyle.

Congrats on playing exec!

Kristen Painter said...

I hope you get some great responses to those queries!