Monday, December 26, 2005

The Zen Clam

I’m no typist. I’ve always struggled with getting words on paper – or rather on cyber paper - not so much because I can’t think of what to say, but because my fingers can’t keep up with my thoughts.

I was editing chapter ten of my WIP this evening and came across this little gem:
“…they drew her in and destroyed the Zen clam she’d attempted to create…”

I meant Zen CALM, but my fingers apparently weren’t paying attention. Some typos are just plain embarrassing and others, you get a good laugh out of, assuming you catch them before you mail something off to an editor or an agent. This one, I think has a bit of potential.

Everyone should have a Zen Clam I think. Imagine a little seashell you could place on your desk that spends most of its time clamped tightly shut like Pandora’s Box. But when you open it, instead of a pearl, you find inside it that perfect balance, that ticket to the ‘ZONE’ that lets things just happen exactly the way they should happen with little conscious effort on your part. I could make millions marketing the Desk Top Zen Clam. I think I’ll get started right now.

Have you ever made a typo like that?

3 comments:

Angela's Designs said...

LOL! Sometimes my typos are the wrong word, but maybe they start with the same letter or sound alike. One or two have seemed like Fruedian slips they were so goofy!

Two Voices Publishing said...

It never ceases to amaze me the kinds of mistakes my brain can miss while I type.

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read High cholesterol forums Can excercise rid cellulite Propecia darker hair yahoo fantasy baseball Erotic girdle story Drug allergy percocet Antidepressants 2006 choices fibromyalgia topamax Microsoft windows 2000 training mcse play free slots Cancer in the neck lymph nodes Medicen fioricet reliefe 1994 acura legend Freelance cinematographer Babe &aposs polis 156 24v alfa q romeo system uk v6 Intel - conferencing codec h264 dvd power player