Friday, February 17, 2006

One of Those Days

Yesterday was one of those days, when being a writer is just as difficult as being anything else.

I’m nearing the end of my WIP, and being a pantser, my ending is still somewhat of a mystery to me. I know how the characters will end up, but exactly how they get there is still fuzzy. That being said, every line I wrote yesterday took me forever. The day was full of false starts, second guessing and a lot of self-made interruptions. When my writing time was finally over – and I did stick to it until the bitter end – I discovered I’d managed to write 10 pages. That’s not a record by any means, but considering those pages were written one painstaking sentence at a time, not too shabby. Today I wrote even less, but I’m still plugging along. I’ll get to the end eventually, even if I have to do it one letter at a time.

No comments: