Friday, February 10, 2006

Word Clouds




One of the Divas posted a link to this site today http://www.snapshirts.com/preview.php
If you put in your blog address, the site creates a word cloud for you like the one above. Cool huh? You have the option to change out some words after the cloud has been created. I thought of removing ‘laundry’ from mine, but hey – laundry is a big part of my life so I suppose it would be wrong to exclude it.

In other news, did I mention the other day that I was doing really well on my WIP? Well, I’ve got to stop doing that. I jinxed myself and hit a wall at 325 pages. My plan for the next few days is to go back and reread from the beginning, work out my time line [which is the root of the problem] and see about laying in some secondary POV. I also found out that Ellora’s Cave is accepting submissions for the 2007 Ellora’s Cavemen anthology so my next project is to polish up a couple of stories to submit to them. Then I’ll be ready to move on to my next full length novel.

I suppose I’m actually accomplishing quite a bit, though I often feel like I’m swimming through molasses. Slow and steady wins the race as they say, but my natural impatience gets in my way a lot.

3 comments:

Angela's Designs said...

Swimming in molasses... I know the feeling. Don't want to rush either, but want more output. I guess that makes me impatient.

I tried a word cloud. Fun.

PS to Laine if you stop by again... I ate a Valentine's decorated cupcake today. Super model figure on hold.

Two Voices Publishing said...

Thanks Laine! The story I have was too short for Kensington and it's too long for EC, so I've got to cut some - hopefully trimming will be easier than adding.

Good luck!

Annalee - don't feel bad. I had a cupcake too. Leftovers from the school bake sale - I couldn't help myself.

K.A.S. said...

I love your word cloud... write, writing, manuscript! What focus.

And I'm tagging you with "currently..." (you can see on my blog if you haven't seen this one yet). Enjoy! hahahaha