Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Kickin' the Cold












I'm finally starting to feel normal again. This cold really made up for all those months that I didn't get sick at all. It seems to be going around-neighbors and friends are all sick, too. Part of the problem in northern NJ is the weather here was designed by a mad scientist. Within the space of a week we can go from no-jacket weather to a foot of snow and back again. The germs don't know which end is up and they don't know when to die.

I finally got back to the office and caught up on my meeting schedule. Now I have a week to work on writing. I just polished up a 25,000-word novella that may be going to the NCP Anniversary Anthology and I'm working on another short that may go to EC. My paranormal WIP needs some major work and I have another kicking around in my head that I'd like to start getting on paper.

Over the weekend I made another stride in cleaning up the basement. I dismantled the two dollhouses I made several years ago. As much fun [and work] as they were, they were doing nothing but collecting dust. I can't bear to part with anything miniature so I packed away all the furnishings and someday when I have nothing else to do, maybe I'll build myself another one.
I thought of making a miniature garden with all the little plants and gardening tools I have. . .oh, wait. . .I DON'T NEED anymore hobbies! I really, really don't.

4 comments:

Jodie said...

Wow, sounds like crazy weather.

What a hobby - making dolls houses. How wonderful

Angela's Designs said...

They're so cool though! I like doll houses... don't really have a hobby of it myself. But I enjoy looking. Great news about anthology stuff.

K.A.S. said...

I was thinking "That is the neatest, cleanest house I've ever seen".

Then I found out it was a dollhouse... for a second there I was going to add uber housecleaner to your list of accomplisments.

Great job with the house :)

Two Voices Publishing said...

Thanks, guys! Karen, one of the reasons I like dollhouses is I can keep them clean, no kids running around them leaving toys everywhere. My other dollhouse had a big English sheep dog in it-who didn't shed or knock things over. What a wonderful pet!