Saturday, April 22, 2006

Proofing


Today I’m busy proofreading Flight of the Valkyrie one last time. I’ve been staring at the screen so long my eyes are killing me. I really wish there was a better way to read something on the computer, the right combination of colors or something that would be easier on the eyes.

I remember back when you had a black screen and glowing green letters and then someone thought, wouldn’t it be better to read black on white like you do in print? It’s better, but I don’t think it’s perfect. Maybe a newsprint color background with larger darker letters would be easier on the eyes?

Ah well. In the mean time, here's a cool picture I took during our trip to the Museum of Natural History in NY on Wednesday. We had a fun time, though wow – the place is expensive. Between admission costs [didn’t museums used to be free?], lunch in the cafeteria and parking we spent over $200. I can justify it because it was educational, but still.

[Hard to believe the manatee isn't real, huh? I love the museum displays in the Hall of Ocean Life.]

3 comments:

Angela's Designs said...

My job uses terminals w/ a mainframe. I was using black/green for awhile! LOL.

Angela's Designs said...

Oh, and I was proofing all day yesterday. Power Play, which you've read. All day and I got about 25 pages done! LOL. I rewrote intro scene. Not a huge amount of changes, but it took me awhile.

Then I watched Anaconda and picked apart all the mistakes like when their diesel went overboard and sank immediately.

Two Voices Publishing said...

Anaconda was a hoot. I like nitpicking B movies too.

I spent today on the NY Thruway with my parents driving to and from my cousin's bridal shower in CT. I don't drink, but days like this make me wish I did.