Monday, December 18, 2006

I am an Office bum



I spent my weekend - yes, pretty much my entire weekend, except for my Novelspotters chat and cooking dinner on Sunday - watching The Office.
I have a new favorite show.
Yes. I still love "How I Met Your Mother," but OMG, I've never seen a funnier show than this one. Funny and strangely addicting.
I've literally been on the couch for 13 hours watching Season 1 and 2 on DVD, even the deleted scenes, which are just as funny as the stuff that actually got into the episodes. This show totally rocks.
It's so rare these days that comedy is actually funny. I was skeptical at first. Having seen the British version, which though it's hilarious and addicting as well, does take some time to get used to, I figured this would not compare. British and US ideas of what's funny vary a LOT, but oh boy, NBC has nailed it.
AND, super bonus! Not only is the show a scream, it's shippy too! I'm totally hooked on Pam and Jim's sweet, sentimental office romance...hence I can consider this weekend research, can't I?



Here's Jim Halpert. He's adorable. He's the kind of office buddy everybody wants because he's soooo good at goofing on Dwight, the office...weirdo.

I suppose now that it's Monday and I have a ton of things to do, I should get off the couch and start moving, but I really don't want to. I could watrch this stuff 24/7.

No comments: