Monday, August 20, 2007

Well, I'm hooked.


Completely and utterly hooked. Someone over at Romance Divas recommended the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, and I decided, what the heck. I've only got...like 40 books in my TBR pile, why not give this a shot.
I read the first two books in the series and I'm hooked. It's such a pleasure to read something that's fun, fast paced and just a little bit farfetched.
Now I've got to collect the rest of the series...sigh. Gonna' have to go shopping...

5 comments:

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Oh I know what you mean!!! I went to Borders and picked up Jen Lancaster's book "Bitter Is The New Black" which has a SEQUEL "Bright Lights, Big Ass" (She's hilarious)
I also picked up Patti O'Shea's book "In The Midnight Hour" which is the next in a series.
I can't AFFORD to love an author anymore. LOL

Tempest Knight said...

I've never read them. I might give them a try once my TBR is ... well, not as big as it's now. *LOL*

Two Voices Publishing said...

I'm torn between being thrilled at finding something I love to read and watching my book budget dwindle down to nothing.

Cathy M said...

I can always count on a Stephanie Plum story to get me laughing out loud. I enjoyed reading them all, plus she has so many in paperback now, which always helps the budget.

Angela's Designs said...

There are so good. Loved the series.

I have # 12 and the X-MAS and Val.Day books in hardcover and I was just staring at it thinking they're collecting dust but I don't see myself re-reading. They're funny, but I don't re-read mysteries. I picked up one of my favorite mysteries ever by James Lee Burke's In the Electric Mist with Confederate Dead and I remember everything so I'm not really enjoying the reread like I should. Well, anyway, I'm babbling. I'll send those Plum books on if you don't have them yet. I do plan to check my e-mail this weekend.