Thursday, June 08, 2006

Bloggin and Braggin

I've been trying to blog for two days. Seems Blogger is a bit on the fritz - very frustrating.

What's up? I'm 75 pages into the second draft of Hunter's Mate! Yesterday we finally got to see X-Men - which was OK, but the good part is, like most movies, it sparked my imagination for a few story ideas. [Like I need more, right?] And we saw the trailer for a movie called "My Super Ex-Girlfriend." Now the movie looks pretty dumb - Uma Thurman as a neurotic, jealous, overbearing super hero [or maybe super villain?] who torments the poor guy who tries to break up with her. I give it a thumbs down and predict it will flop - BUT - the upside to it is, there seems to be a resurgence in super hero themed stories. If everyone is jumping on the bandwagon, that may be good news for the Super Hero themed Amber Pax I'm writing for. We also saw the trailer for the New Superman movie, which doesn't look half bad.

Now the bloggin is done, it's time for the braggin.' I've been popping over to Fictionwise where Wolfsbane, Ken'Ja and More Than a Fantasy are now available and I discovered they're all on the Amber Quill/Fictionwise best seller list!


Best Sellers for Amber Quill Press

Based on data gathered within the last 20 days. Icon explanations1. After Class by Megan Hart [Erotica/Reference]2. Forbidden Fruit by Caitlyn Willows [Erotica/Science Fiction]3. Draconus by Grace Draven [Erotica/Fantasy]4. Wolfsbane: Aspect of the Wolf by Jennifer Colgan [Erotica/Dark Fantasy]5. Ken'Ja by Bernadette Gardner [Erotica/Science Fiction]6. Take It On Faith by M. L. Rhodes [Erotica/Romance]7. A Most Unsuitable Bride by Jane Toombs [Romance/Historical Fiction]8. Sequestered Passion by Adrianna Dane [Erotica/Romance]9. The Wizard's Staff by Lani Aames [Erotica/Fantasy]10. More than a Fantasy by Bernadette Gardner [Erotica/Fantasy]
var has_items = "37454,37832,38129,38339,38440,38433,38340,38337,38479,38335,";
if (has_items.length > 1)


June 7, 2006

http://www.fictionwise.com/eBooks/AmberQuillPresseBooks.htm

4 comments:

Shelli Stevens said...

Hey very cool about making it on the best seller list! Congrats!

Doesn't blogger suck lately? Grrr!

Two Voices Publishing said...

Hey shelli! Congrats on your recent stellar review! Hopefully Blogger will let me post my Friday excerpt today...

Angela's Designs said...

Congrats on best-seller list!

I was thinking about the same thing for the Uma movie. I don't find movies that mock domestic violence amusing. Even if her character is redeemed, or arrested at the end of the movie, the way they are marketing it irritates me too much to go see it.

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »