Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The way to a man's heart...

Is through the remote.

Yesterday we got the new TV my husband has been wishing for. It's a flat screen, LCD, HD ready, digital cable compatible, picture in picture, wide screen you name it bell-and-whistle gadget that had him squeeing like a girly-girl.

What is it about television that gets a man's motor running? Is it all the buttons and controls? The glowing lights and bright colors? The sleek silver and black console or the dozen wires that have to be hooked up just so in order to get both sound and picture at the same time?

Don't get me wrong, I like TV and I especially like this new one which looks very snazzy and shiny and goes very well on the new entertainment center, but it doesn't make me squee.

In fact, no matter how cool your TV is or how many channels you can watch at the same time, it doesn't change the fact that there's STILL NOTHIN ON!

He hooked up his new toy and we admired it, turned it on and sat down to watch ... The History of Pompeii. Interesting but not a true test of the TV's potential. We put in a DVD of Star Trek: Voyager, and in between caught a few minutes of "Miss Congeniality 2."

Boo ya.

Sigh.

I'm ready for Fall. I have a new TV and I want something good to watch, gosh dangit!

No comments: