Monday, January 01, 2007

I Went Beta

I hate change.

Especially any change that has to do with computers, blogs, websites, message boards. I have a steep learning curve with this stuff and a lot of times I just don't have the patience to go through tutorials or read the fine print.

I know that's bad. But I like things easy and reading complicated instructions just frustrates me.

So yesterday, being as I was in a mellow mood, don't ask me why, I decided to upgrade to Blogger Beta. It was one of those spur of the moment, do or die kinds of things. I'd heard bad things and I was afraid of losing my blog all together or losing access and having to start all over. That would have killed me because I really like my blog just the way it it is.

I know progress is the way of the human race. We have to keep improving, expanding our knowledge and moving forward. It's what we do. But I can't help being a little nostalgic for the idea that when something works, why change it? I guess that's an old fashioned view point.

It's a new year now, and time to put on the big girl panties and get back to work, learn new things, write new stories, update my websites and make it the best year ever.

Happy New Year everyone!

3 comments:

Monique said...

I know it's tough. I just changed about a week ago myself. Don't worry. We'll get through it together. ;) I'll get you a nice bat to beat it around if it starts being naughty.

Angela's Designs said...

I haven't tried that yet. I am worried it'll do something bad and make it difficult for people to post to the NCP Author's blog. The blogger computer recognizes it as a blog I started, and I don't want to mess up people being able to post. I wish I knew if it would effect group blogs.

Two Voices Publishing said...

Thanks, Monique. It's been okay so far, but I'm easily unnerved by elecrtronic snafus so my fingers are still crossed, making it hard to type...LOL.

Annalee, one reason I changed was because the Amber Heat Blog converted and I wanted to be able to post to that. I can still post to the other non-Beta blogs on my list. I don't know if you can convert one blog and not others that you have created, but if you change a group blog, then all the authors assigned to that blog have to upgrade if they want to post to that blog.