Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Lettuce Naked


Now even my food shopping receipt is R-rated. I went to Shop Rite on Sunday [big mistake! Not only is it the first weekend of the month, it’s also the beginning of the Can-Can Sale. The place was a three-ring circus!]

After fighting the crowds for nearly two hours [yeah, I shop slow] I got home, put everything away, had lunch and sat down to record my purchases in my computerized checkbook. [I let Excel do my math for me. Calculators are beyond my expertise.] My wandering gaze just happened to fall on the following line item:

Lettuce Naked .99

I guess that means it had no dressing. LOL.

I decided to check out the rest of the list and I found:

Special Banana Nak 1.79

And I thought my bananas were just average. I guess they’re naked too.

Then I found

Imp Navel 2.66


I suppose a publication full of naked lettuce and imp navels could be considered erotica? Maybe I should send this to my agent.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL -- I think you should write the erotic version of Play With Your Food

Two Voices Publishing said...

ROFL, if I did, I might never be able to eat again.

Frank and Renee Rocco said...

The Can-Can sale! I remember the can-can commercial when I was kid. lol

Miss you ladies. It's good to be back in the blogging world. I'll even be doing the good ol' Thursday Thirteens again! ;)

Renee
(aka Rene Lyons)

Two Voices Publishing said...

Hi Renee! Thanks for stopping by! I miss your other blog and I've been meaning to look for your new one. Now I have DragonSpell book marked.