Monday, April 16, 2007

Random

Random. It's a word I hear all the time now. It's my daughter's favorite word. Everything she says includes the word. "Some random dude in my class today was...blah blah blah..." "We have random homework." [How does that work I wonder? Does the teacher just say, "Pick a page from your book and do it at random?"] My favorite is: "That's so random!"

Isn't everything that happens is sort of random? I guess it depends on how you look at it - some people say chaos rules and nothing has a plan or a pupose. Everything is random. Others say there is a master plan to the universe and everything happens for a reason. I'm in the latter group. I think even randomness is planned in some way. It's all part of a larger scheme of things.

On that note:

Today I'm posting a random page from my work in progress over at Star-Crossed Romance. It's random page week, so check in for excerpts from all of our WIPs.

No comments: