Friday, July 14, 2006

Sci-Fi Friday is Back!

Where will I be tonight? Cheyenne Mountain Complex of course – with a front row seat for the 10th Season Premiere of Stargate SG-1 on the Sci-Fi Channel.

I’ve been Gater [loyal fan of Stargate] since I stumbled upon a scene from the pilot episode quite by accident. I enjoyed the movie, but the series far surpasses it. I’ll be front row for the third season premiere of Stargate Atlantis, too.

What makes these shows so great? Well, the mythology is spectacular, the special effects are kick ass, and the casts are wonderful but I have to admit, it’s the hunky men I can’t do without.

Here’s Joe Flanigan, Major John Sheppard. He’s the inspiration for my vampire investigator Maxwell Hart.




















And this is Ben Browder, formerly Jon Crighton of Farscape, now Colonel Cameron Mitchell. He’s actually the inspiration for Daniel Garrison from Wolfsbane.















I may not choose the usual suspects to flesh out my main male characters, but I think I do pretty well.

I’m off to distant galaxies surrounded by hunky, heavily armed men. What science fiction romance writer could ask for more?