Monday, July 31, 2006

What Do Writers Read?

I had an idea it might be interesting to poll some of my fellow authors and put up a list of what we’re reading right now. I find I read much slower than I used to, so my TBR pile is huge. I also find that whenever I sit down and crack open a book for enjoyment it becomes open season on Mommy time. Suddenly everyone has to talk to me, stare at me, turn on the TV or have a crisis of some sort that only I can solve. This is why it’s taken me half the summer to read two books. SIGH. Apparently my fellow Romance Divas are doing a lot better in the book reading department.

Here’s the list I compiled:

I'm reading:
Sunset Key by Cassidy Kent
Night Pleasures by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Historical romance author Leigh Royals is reading:
Beyond the Vision of Dreams by Stella and Audra Price

Romance author Maria Shanti is reading:
Snowbound by Susan Greene

Angelique Santiago, author of Diary of a Love, is reading:
1. Again by Sharon Cullars
2. Solid Soul by Brenda Jackson
3. Grown and Sexy by Phillip Thomas Duck

H.A. Fowler, author of Sword of Regret, is reading:
the Retrievers Series by Laura Anne Gilman - 1.) STAYING DEAD, 2.) CURSE THE DARK, and 3.) BRING IT ON

Shelley Munroe, author of The Shadow, is reading:
The Smoke Thief by Shana Abe

Venus Press Author, Amelia June, is reading:
Kushiel's Scion by Jaqueline Carey

Dayna Hart, author of You Again, is reading
a) Waking the Shadows by Elisabeth Drake.
b) Ice Cream in the Snow by Diana Castilleja
c) Ties that Blind by Dee Lloyd

Cassandra Curtis, author of Cup of Fate, is reading
The One-Hour Orgasm
How to Learn the Amazing “Venus Butterfly” Technique byLeah Schwartz, Ph.D., and Bob Schwartz, Ph.D. [for research purposes of course!]
and Best Laid Plans by Constance O'Day-Flannery's

L.K. Campbell, author of Gold Star Wife, is reading
Dangerous Alumni by Laine Morgan
To Wicked To Wed by Cheryl Holt

Elizabeth Drake, author of Waking the Shadows, is reading
Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison
and On Fire's Wings by Christie Golden.

Forbidden Publications Author, Jelena Burke just finished:
Angel’s Fall by Nora Roberts

That's some collection. Now that you know what all these fabulous authors are reading, you can follow the links to find out what they're WRITING!

Stop by and let me know what you're reading these days. And stay tuned for my next author poll. I need a good question to ask everyone...

3 comments:

Amelia June said...

This is a cool post, and a great idea!

Thanks!

Angela's Designs said...

I've got a few of those on my wish list. :)

Shelli Stevens said...

I tend to read friends and local chapter members. And I love Lori Foster :)