Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'm having a Jack attack!




I've become such a Torchwood addict that I went on a Harkness hunting spree yesterday.


Have I mentioned how much I adore Captain Jack? He's the hero who has it all - the looks, the brains, the gadgets, the mysterious past and the tortured soul. So yum!


Anyway, I found out that Torchwood will only have a 5-episode season 3 and I'm disappointed. The show is SOOO good. I know things are different in the UK - less is more, it's not about beating a dead horse like it is here where popular shows can go on for decades...anyone for ER? [And the really good shows get cancelled - Angel? Firefly?]


My only consolation so far is that Jack will be making another appearance on Dr. Who, so I have that to look forward to. In the meantime, I'll just have to fill up my blogspace with Jackness.


Sigh.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, at least this is a healthy obsession! ;-)

Just to give you an idea of how old E.R. is -- I remember that they ran the first ad for it at the end of the last L.A. Law episode (it was taking the same time slot).

Two Voices Publishing said...

ER is ancient! What's this the ELEVENTH season?

Not to offend any die hard ER fans out there but after watching it for a couple of years DH and I started calling it "Loser Doctors" - never saw a bunch of people have so much crap going on in their lives. I never understood why they just didn't call it a prime time soap opera.