Thursday, June 19, 2008

They don't call it a WIP for nothing

My latest work in progress is kicking my butt. Too many possibilities - characters who aren't sure what they want to do - a sequel that's demanding to be written even though the first story isn't done yet.

And tomorrow is the last day of school, which means no more glorious hours of peace and quiet to get my brain in gear.

Not to mention my 'two voices' are arguing over who should even get the by-line.

What do you do when your WIP drives you crazy?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I switch to another project -- which is the equivalent of running away. Shame on me!

Good luck to you!

Anonymous said...

*sigh* This IS my writing life, Jenn! I sit down to onw WIP when another starts screaming at me...characters decide midway through they're not human anymore...and can we put a little time or dimensional travel in just for fun?

I eat chocolate.

Two Voices Publishing said...

LOL Dayna! Chocolate! Why didn't I think of that? A brain without chocolate is like a day without sunshine.

Either that or Sudafed. I do tend to write better when I'm on cold medicine.