Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Climbing the TBR pile again

I haven’t done it in a while. I’ve been really, really good, but I just broke down the other day and went over the Amazon to buy some books. I couldn’t help myself. I’m desperate for a really good read and I haven’t had one in a while.

I just started Warlord by Elizabeth Vaughn, the last in her War trilogy. I’ve come to really like the world she’s created, though I still don’t feel grounded in it. I like to know where I am – a distant planet, an alternate universe, ancient or future Earth? I’m hoping this connection will be explained before the series ends, but I have a feeling it won’t. Oh well, the books are still well written and entertaining.

Today my Amazon order arrived and just like with writing [the grass is always greener on the other side of the page] I can’t wait to get started on all of my selections.

I bought:

One for the Money by Janet Evanovich
I’ve never read a Stephanie Plum novel, so I think it’s time I gave it a try.

Bled Dry by Erin McCarthy
Funny paranormal romps – I can’t get enough

Three Motives for Murder by Michelle Perry
I was fortunate enough to have read a lot of this story when Chell was posting it to our writer’s group. I love her work!

Megan’s Mark by Lora Leigh
Red hot paranormals are right up there with funny paranormals. I can’t wait to dig into this one!

What are you reading or planning to read this summer?

No comments: