Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #17



Since it’s summer and there’s almost nothing to watch on television, here’s a list of some movies that are definitely worth renting, especially for us romance novelists.
Thirteen Surprisingly Good Movies

1. A Good Year – starring Russell Crowe
2. Sliding Doors – starring Gwenyth Paltrow
3. Shall We Dance? – starring Richard Gere
4. Bridget Jones’s Diary – starring Renee Zellweger
5. Love Actually – starring Colin Firth
6. The Mirror Has Two Faces – starring Barbra Streisand
7. Emma – starring Gwenyth Paltrow
8. The Girl with the Pearl Earring – starring Colin Firth
9. Chocolat – starring Juliette Binoche
10. Anna and the King – starring Jodie Foster
11. Chasing Amy – starring Ben Afleck
12. Romancing the Stone – starring Kathleen Turner
13. Sabrina – Starring Harrison Ford

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




17 comments:

Unknown said...

Great list! I usually rent a ton of chick flicks when my kids go on holidays with their father. Thanks for the ideas :)

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

Yes, yes, yes! Love Actually, Bridget Jones. Hmmm... what do these movies have in common? Hugh Grant and Colin Firth. Yum!

Anonymous said...

Ah, Romancing the Stone
What writer can't relate to that opening sequence when Joan is sobbing as she writes?

Rhonda Helms said...

Oooooh great list. I TOTALLY dig faboo chick flicks!!!

Debbie Mumford said...

You've got several favorites of mine up there! Sigh. The newer version of Sabrina ... of course, I love the original, too!

Elizabeth Parker said...

Yes, yes... and how about another Hugh Grant flick--"Four Weddings and a Funeral"!

Jennifer McKenzie said...

"Love Actually" and "The Mirror Has Two Faces" are two of my favorites. Along with "Practical Magic".

R.G. ALEXANDER said...

Sliding Doors-I loved that movie premise. And did someone say Practical magic?
I really like most of the movies on your list :)

Tempest Knight said...

Oooh... I loved Chocolat. I never looked at chocolate the same way. Hehehe!

Jennifer Shirk said...

YES! I second 2, 4, 5, 7 and 13!!

(I'll have to check out the rest)LOL!

Amelia June said...

I think you meant to say

Chocolat starring Johnny Depp as the hottest long-haired gypsy EVAR.

Er, maybe not. But dang he was hot in that movie, LOL.

Lia said...

I love Bill Nighy. He is so funny in Love Actually. Saying that Brittany was a bad shag, still makes me laugh.

Stephanie Secrest said...

Sliding Doors and Love Actually! Two of my most favoritest movies! I like Chasing Amy, but I'm more of a Clerks/Clerks 2 girl myself.

Paige Tyler said...

Great list!

*hugs*
Paige

Loribelle Hunt said...

Great list! Romancing the Stone and Sabrina...can't go wrong there. ;)

Two Voices Publishing said...

Love Actually has to be one of my favorites. And of course, I've BEEN Joan, sobbing over my manuscript LOL. I like Chasing Amy too.

Heather said...

Excellent list--I've seen all but five, my absolute fave being Chocolat.