Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thirsday Thirteen # 15


DH and I watched ‘Déjà Vu’ last night, that’s the one where Denzel Washington tries to catch a terrorist responsible for blowing up a ferry in New Orleans. It was really good. I haven’t seen a good movie in a while, so I thought I’d make a list of reasons I’d rather watch one at home.

Thirteen Reasons I’d Rather Rent a Movie

1. I can fast forward or skip all the annoying previews
2. If I want commercials I can watch network TV
3. It’s not butter, it’s butter-flavored topping
4. I don’t like to spend $25.00 on a soda and box of Raisinettes
5. No one pays attention to the ‘Turn off your cell phone’ ads
6. People bring babies to R and PG-13 rated movies
7. The sound track is usually too loud
8. The theater is usually too cold
9. I don’t like my shoes to stick to the floor
10. I like to hit pause if I want another snack or a bathroom break
11. There’s not a line to get into my bathroom
12. At home, nobody will be sitting behind me talking
13. I don’t have to worry about forgetting where I parked

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




24 comments:

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Amen sistah!!! My favorite is being able to skip to the beginning of the movie. And that's even quicker now with DVDs.
I'd rather rent than go out too.

Jennifer Shirk said...

This list sounds like my hubby whenever I ask him to go to the movies with me. LOL!

Two Voices Publishing said...

My DH still loves to go to the movies. In fact, he's got plans to see Fantastic Four this weekend. He gets miffed when I don't want to go with him.

Sara Thacker said...

I agree. I would rather rent to go to the movies. Every once in a while I'll go see a movie but not often.

Amelia June said...

I agree, except I always seem to fall asleep when we rent movies. Comfy couch, comfy husband, sleepy me. Sigh. I've missed a lot of good movies that way :)

Anonymous said...

Can I add one - I don't feel guilty for checking my email during the slow parts.
Of course, if there were no slow parts, I wouldn't be overwhelmed by the urge to check my email in the first place >G<

Anonymous said...

Awesome list! You hit all my reasons for not going to the theater lol!

Babe King said...

and you can laugh as loud as you want without somebody kicking your chair. :-) Plus you can watch it a second time to pick up on the nuances you missed first run through.

I liked that movie too.

Diana Castilleja said...

Totally with you on the list!

I hate the loud soundtrack at the very beginning.... OoooooooWaaaahhhhhh I hate that!

Crystal Jordan said...

Heck yeah to ALL of those!

N.J.Walters said...

All great reasons!

But I still love the theatre experience. LOL I just don't buy the food and go to the weekday matinees, which aren't crowded with people.

R.G. ALEXANDER said...

Going out to the movies used to be my favorite thing-but now I totally agree with you. I would much rather be home. Except for those big, epic, can only be seen in theaters type of movies.

Elle Fredrix said...

Oh, yeah. Those are all good reasons. I usually watch stuff at home unless it's one of those movies where the giant screen makes it worthwhile.

Two Voices Publishing said...

I miss the great theater experience - I stood on line for Star Wars [the original trilogy] and it was so worth it - or the premiere of a Trek movie where you've got fans applauding like crazy for every cast member, or the packed theater for a Harry Potter release [can't wait for July!], but those are special. Most of the time, it's just better to stay home.

Rhonda Helms said...

True dat! The manpanion and I have a 50" high-def TV at home...watching movies is soooo awesome on it... :D

Paige Tyler said...

Great list! We're big into DVD's for a lot of thsoe reasons, too!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

Robin L. Rotham said...

LOL! Yup, I'm hard-pressed to think of even one good reason to go to the theater. Honestly, it's just not worth the steep, steep price.

Kate Willoughby said...

I hear ya. We rent for the most part too. LOVE Blockbuster Total Access. But there's something to be said for the theatre experience. Sometimes just being in a large group of humans experiencing the same grand entertainment is worth it. We get the extra large popcorn which is refillable at our theatre. Tuesday is free small popcorn night, too.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on every one of those. HATE sticky floors, and God knows what they put in that "butter"

no. 13 always happens to me :)

P. Robinson said...

Isn't that gross when your shoes stick to the floor? And why in the world would you bring a 10 day old to watch a scary movie? People are nuts and I like renting movies but I LOVE the drive-in. Most of the problems are taken away- no people close, you take your own food and you don't have to step anywhere unless you gotta pee!

Unknown said...

Yay # 10! Gotta luv the pause button ;) Great list!

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

Not to mention skipping $10 per ticket. Great list!

Heather said...

#12...You've never watched a movie at home with my sister. Just as bad as someone talking behind you at the movies--if not worse.

EXCELLENT post!

Caffey said...

Since I can't hear, I never go to the movies, but when I was dating my hubby, he brought me to a movie since he was hard of hearing. So when the lights were dimmed down and i'm watching the movie I couldn't follow any of the words. Next thing I know, he's waking me up! LOL. So I'm surprised he married me. He took me to one more movie (Thats another story) and that was the very end of me going to the movie theatre. I haven't watched much with movies, I'm always reading!