Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #14



Thirteen States I’ve been to

1. New Jersey – born and raised, sometimes I think I’ll never escape
2. Florida – I was 22 when I finally got to Disney World
3. New York – It’s seven minutes away, can’t really miss it
4. Massachusetts – Boston is fun and educational
5. Pennsylvania – Lovely scenery
6. Connecticut – half my family has moved there for some reason
7. Virginia – I kept a ‘Virginia is for lovers’ bumper sticker on my car for years afterward
8. Hawaii – I saw the Honolulu airport. That’s it
9. California – would love to go back and visit some Divas
10. Texas – don’t mess with Texas
11. Maryland – met my husband there
12. North Carolina – for a Star Trek Convention, would you believe?
13. Washington, DC – does it count as a state?


[I didn’t have room to include Tennessee [Nashville], Delaware [drove through it] and Ohio [Cincinnati Airport]]

How many states have you been to?



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!







21 comments:

Babe King said...

Australia doesn't have enough states for me to use it for TT, even if I HAD been to all of them. Of course I could always count being

-in a state of undress, or
-in a state of confusion
Yeah, guess I could get there. :-)

Dayna_Hart said...

um. Maine & NY State, Atlanta, and the plane touched down in NC...

I've been to all the provinces in Canada, though...but not the territories.

I really need to get out more :)

Sara Thacker said...

It's hard to remember. I think about 14 or 15.

Emma Petersen said...

Too many to name! California will always be my favorite. I think Seattle is the second.

Tempest Knight said...

I've visited Florida, California, Texas, Mass, NY, and Louisiana. :) I wish I could visit Nevada and a few other states just to meet the cool people I've met on Romance Divas.

Jennifer Shirk said...

Been to all on your list except Texas and Hawaii.

Add New Hampshire, Maine, west Virginia, Oregon and Utah to mine.

PS. I tried to escape NJ--but it pulled me back. LOL!

Rhonda Helms said...

You sound like me--I've been all over the place, too!!

Cora Zane said...

I love travel memes! I've been to Louisiana (hehe), Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, and South Carolina.

Hmm... I feel the need to add a new state to that list this summer.

Lori said...

Id like to go to New York sometime....I dont get out of Cali much. Alaska is a truly beautiful place to visit too.

Anonymous said...

Only the airport in Honolulu???

Crystal Jordan said...

A Star Trek convention? Reeeeally?

Debbie Mumford said...

Oooo! Great idea for a list! I might have to borrow it next week!

Two Voices Publishing said...

Babe, my favorite place is the state of denial! And I'm often in some unusual state of mind.

Seely, Honolulu was a stop over on my way to Australia. We stayed just long enough to switch planes.

Crystal, yep, a Star Trek convention. I was six months pregnant at the time, too. So we hit every rest stop from here to there, TWICE.

Unknown said...

I've been all along the bottom of the country. Born and raised in CA. Now live in VA. and of course, been to Vegas. :)

Fun list!

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

Hmm...well, I've done the entire Eastern Seaboard from Maine to Florida, as well as Oklahoma, California, Nevada, and Texas. Not bad...

Rhian said...

you haven't been to Georgia? Y'all need to hop on down to our neck o' the woods some time. Let's see - I've been to Illinois, Washington DC, Texas, Arizona, Missouri, North Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, New Mexico, California, Mississippi, South Carolina, Nevada, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York are the ones off the top of my head. I've never made it anywhere in northwest but plan to someday.

Robin L. Rotham said...

LOL! You've been to most of the states I haven't and I've been to most of the states you haven't. The only ones we have in common are Texas, Florida, Virginia (an airport touchdown for me) and California. I've actually been to 36 states, all the contiguous states except Montana, ND, and the northeastern US.

R.G. ALEXANDER said...

TX,Lousiana,Cali,NY,OR,AZ,Montana,Co,NM,OK,
Florida,
Virginia,and a few others. Not counting the places I've driven through to get there.
PS Cool on the Star Trek Convention;)

Two Voices Publishing said...

I'd like to say someday that I've visited all the states. When my mother was young she and my aunt and their cousin drove cross-country. What an adventure. That's something I wish I'd done.

R.G. one of these Thursdays I'll make a list of all the things that are cool about Star Trek conventions - one of them being that's where I met my husband, believe it or not!

Sparky Duck said...

yea!!!! deep down I love the jersey girls. if you only saw the airport, my tt will help the hawaii visualization.

Heather said...

I've only been to two of those you listed, but a lot of other states you haven't - and more than thirteen!