Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #16


In addition to today's Thursday Thirteen, I'm also over at Star-Crossed talking about the evolution of character values. Check it out!


Thirteen Hobbies I Have Had

1. Writing – turning this one into a career
2. Quilting – an excuse to collect pretty fabric
3. Candlemaking – an excuse to never throw out a piece of wax
4. Beading – now I make beaded book marks for promo
5. Reading – wish I had more time to spend on it
6. Blogging – is it a hobby if you do it for promo?
7. Painting – I’m not good at it, but it’s fun
8. Miniature doll house building – a lot of work but fun
9. Needlepoint – gave that up a while ago
10. Crocheting – I do this while I watch TV
11. Counted Cross Stitch – I gave up counting, too hard on the eyes
12. Quilling – not to be confused with Quilting, also very hard to do
13. Laundry – I do it so often it’s either my career or my hobby, I’m not sure which


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!







15 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL on laundry. Truer words were never spoken! Happy T13!

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

Oooh, I excel at laundry. Especially towels!

Jennifer Shirk said...

#8 really caught my attention. LOL!

You're such a talented woman! :)

Lia said...

I though laundry was everyone's hobby. I remember my mother teaching me that when she taught me to cook and clean.

Tempest Knight said...

Laundry a hobbie? *LOL*

Debbie Mumford said...

YAY!! Another quilting author!! *lol*

Babe King said...

Laundry!!!??? You can't count that! IT'S A curse, not a hobby.

Crystal Jordan said...

Mini doll houses? Really? Never even heard of such a hobby.

Paige Tyler said...

Laundry! LOL! That's great!

*hugs*
Paige

Elizabeth Parker said...

Yep, I went through the needlepoint, counted cross stitch, etc. etc. Heck, I still have half-finished projects tucked away! But writing comes first now.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've just listed all the things I've wanted to do. I've always wanted to try crocheting. It looks so pretty.

Two Voices Publishing said...

For #8 I should have said just doll house building - there are people who make miniature doll houses that fit inside regular doll houses. Those people are nuts. LOL.

I did once make a quilt for a doll house bed, 1-inch squares. Even the people on the quilters message board thought I was off my rocker.

Robin L. Rotham said...

Laundry is more like Chinese water torture for me. :D

P. Robinson said...

I love cross stitch and writing!

Heather said...

LOL on laundry. My biggest three are cross-stitch, stamping (make my own cards) and reading.