Tuesday, June 05, 2007

So many ideas...

...so little motivation. There's a discussion going around over at Romance Divas about a growing inability to concentrate on one project, to motivate oneself to get the WIP done. I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem, but I'm concerned that it seems to be an epidemic.

A bunch of us have chimed in about the abundance of ideas on the drawing board, busy schedules, deadlines, projects planned and the distinct lack of motivation to do the butt in chair work it takes to get it all done.

I'm languishing at 60 pages of an erotic sci-fi novella, staring longinly into the distance where I can see stacks of covers for the paranormal romance I haven't even written yet [but I have a kick a$$ title for it!] My mind is circling around a five-book series [also with fabulous titles] that lack only an actual plot to bring them into being. Yet the story I have plotted right in front of me holds no interest.

Is it the weather? As soon as the mercury climbs above 60, I'm patently useless. I do so much better in the fall and winter, but I can't take half a year off because my brain doesn't function so well in warm weather.

What to do? A day off, a week? Plow into a new story or chain myself to the desk in order to meet my deadline and turn out something that isn't going to be my best work?

Agggh!

In other news:

I got my first review for The Concubine's Tale from Fallen Angels! Here's a nicely written snippet:



4 Angels! ...the flavor and detail Ms. Colgan uses to lure us into the dance of attraction that is seemingly as new as ever and as old as time is flawless. Ms. Colgan deserves her every angel – Catrina, Fallen Angel Reviews

No comments: