Monday, July 17, 2006

What do you see?

This weekend we took the kids to The Lost River Caverns and The Crystal Cave in eastern Pennsylvania. These places are educational and they feed my need to spelunk.

I've always had a fasciantion for caves, just the idea that there are all these underground passages where things have lain hidden for centuries, never seen by human eyes. I guess it's the sci-fi geek in me that relishes the idea of new frontiers, even if you travel down rather than up to get there.

I took a bunch of pictures while trying to simulataneously listen to the guides, stare in wonder at the amazing formations and avoid clocking myself on low hanging rocks. When I got home I loaded them into my computer and I found these three shots which are think are quite amazing.



This one is just an outcropping of rock, but to me it looks like the head of some alien beast with a tiny eye and a gaping mouth.



This one, through a trick of artificial lighting, looks to me like blood dripping off the ceiling. Myabe my imagination is a little macabre, but I think it's a cool effect.



This last one defies explanation. I know I didn't take a picture of a plain black wall, but I see what looks like a huge bird, wings spread, talons spread, stuck in the rock. Am I crazy? What do you see?

4 comments:

Bebe said...

I've always wanted to go to Crystal Cave.

The last picture reminded me of bats.

Two Voices Publishing said...

Hi bebe! We did see a small bat at the exit of Crystal Caves - little itty bitty thing. Apparently about 50 of them live in the cave and come out at night to eat mosquitos. They have their own room at the cave with an entrance too small for people to climb through.

Angela's Designs said...

Dragons... I see dragons. :)

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! 1998 pontiac sunfire convertible Clomid and cycle length Dominating lesbians video data recovery free Pics of black fat pussy http://www.buying-a-hot-tub.info/Hot-tub.html sauna sutit zocor muscle pain positive ana 2006 aston martin grand rapids disk recovery Fry toys http://www.mitsubishitv.info Mortgage refinancing in maryland