Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Tighty Whities save the day!

I just have to blog about yesterdays little hiccup because I happen to think it's funny.

I'm in the process of purchasing some ad space for Infinite Worlds in an upcoming issue of Romantic Times magazine and I had transmitted some information to the lovely author who is coordinating the group ad. The info includes my cover art in black and white.

I was shocked and somewhat amused when said author let me know that Romantic Times had requested a change, or another graphic to replace my book cover because it was too explicit!

Well, it's not like I can argue. I mean, you've all seen it. There's a naked man butt right in the middle of the picture. [At least it's a back shot, you know?] I guess the crack makes people nervous. LOL. I bet they've never seen Molten Man - though at least he's wearing tights.

Anyway, [and here's the brag about how cool my publisher is!] I e-mailed Trace over at Amber Quill and literally within 23 minutes, I had a solution.

Saved by Fruit of the Looms!

Here are the two versions of the cover. I just hope the people who see it in RT aren't too shocked when they go to buy it [and let's hope lots of them do!] when they discover the actual cover is a bit more...bare than it looks in the ad.





So as funny as this is, the real point of this post is to say how Amber Quill has totally spoiled me. To get a resolution to a problem or question in 23 minutes is outstanding! Thanks, Trace, for being on the ball and helping me out so fast and thanks for having a pair of tighty-whities at the ready!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are spoiled.
The new cover looks great!

Cora Zane said...

LOL! "Saved by Fruit of the Looms"
nearly killed me. ^_^

I do love the cover - before and after.

Jennifer McKenzie said...

You know, I gotta say that both are sexy.
Something about covering up with the anticipation of unwrapping and....okay nevermind.

Two Voices Publishing said...

Yes. I am spoiled. I need to remind myself not all publishers are as quick to handle problems.

I like both covers, but there is something about having a little mystery to 'uncover.' LOL.

Angela's Designs said...

:) LOL.

Interesting to know that the magazine would censor the cover.

Armageddon has naked butts. It's PG-13.

Two Voices Publishing said...

LOL, I guess this butt is more 'explicit' than other butts. [shrugs] Ah well. I'm just hoping the reviewer likes it, naked butt or no.

Lara Santiago said...

Seriously!
Will the world end if an ad shows a man's behind? LOL

I liked the first cover just fine.
But then again...there is something to be said for tighty whities. :):)

Kudos to your publisher for the save.
Lara

Sparky Duck said...

well butt crack scares me

Crimson Wife said...

Too funny!

I know some fellow homeschooling moms who draw clothes on certain of the pictures in the "Usborne Encyclopedia of World History"- never mind that those pictures are not in the slightest bit erotic but rather accurate from a historical standpoint. Oy vey!

Erica Ridley said...

LOL--and loved the title to this post.