Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I don't want to know.

Seriously, you can throw rotten tomatoes at me if you want to, but I dread finding out the outcome of this election.

I know I could stir up a lot of political upheaval, and there are staunch defenders of each side, but my personal belief is, no matter who wins, we all lose.

All politicians make promises they don't keep - either they never intended to in the first place, or they discover they just can't re-align the wheels of change the way they thought they would be able to.

It's long been my belief that anyone truly qualified to run this amazingly complex country would be too humble to want the job.

My wish is that whoever is fortunate [or unfortunate as the case may be] enough to win will surprise us all and be the kind of leader he already thinks he is. I will light a small candle for hope, but I won't be holding my breath.

Good luck everyone. I do believe we're all going to need it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll second your wish.

L.K. Campbell said...

I agree with your post. With practically same congress and senate who screwed everything up to begin with, nothing will change. I've seen a lot of idealistic politicians go to D.C. (think Jimmy Carter) believing that they're going to change things. They and the American people find out all too soon that change in Washington is like the movement of a glacier.