Saturday, May 02, 2009

A piece of quiet


So what do you do when you have a piece of quiet?
I've got a little while to myself while the thundering herd is out collecting their Free Comic Books. I'm home blogging, naturally, and thinking about what else I could do on this sunny, cool spring afternoon.
There's laundry of course. And I could update Bernadette's website, work on putting up a free read, edit a novella I'm working on, read a book [I'm in the middle of a good one!], clean, collect items for the garage sale we're having in two weeks, take a walk, take a nap, or work on an entirely new story.
If I could do it all at once, I would. Of course, if I could be at the spot in this picture, I would be there instead.
The problem with weekends is, there's just too much to do. Too many choices. I feel paralyzed sometimes by how many choices I have and I'm always wondering if I'm utilizing my time the best way, or if perhaps I'm spending too much time worrying about how well I'm utilizing my time.
And the pieces of quiet that I get are entirely too small, so I have to use them wisely before they disappear.
How big was your last piece of quiet?

2 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

I'm going to have some quiet tomorrow. And I can't wait!

Two Voices Publishing said...

I did actually use my quiet wisely and edited an old story. Now I have to type up the edits and prepare to submit.

A useful piece of quiet indeed!

How did your quiet go?