Monday, November 15, 2010

Auspicious beginnings

When is a good day to start something new?

I ask because because I realized this weekend as I was gearing up to begin two new projects that I might have been putting off starting on them in order to wait for the 'right time'. You know how a lot of diets start on January 1st or on any given Monday? Some people wait for a full moon, or a new season to embark on a new path in life or an important journey and some people just jump in when the mood strikes.

Which one are you?

I tend to feel like the start of something new should coincide with something. I find I put thing off until other things occur. Usually it's a wait and see thing - let me see how Y goes before I start X. The day after this, I'll do that.

I'm not sure it's a good thing or a bad thing. Does giving a project or a life change or a journey of some kind an auspicious start help it along or is it just an excuse to put off until tomorrow [or a month from now or until the next new millenia] what you can and should be doing today?

I decided this time, I would toss the auspicious beginning out the window and just jump into a new project. So we'll see how it goes.

What about you?

No comments: