Sunday, February 19, 2006

Tagged by Annalee

Five Guilty Pleasures

{Annalee picked chocolate, but the general consensus is we should not feel guilty about loving chocolate because it’s good for us so…}

1. Books. I spend a lot of money on books and right now I have more books to read than I will get to in a year or more. Because I write, I don’t get to read as much as I’d like to so my TBR pile is pretty huge and I just placed an order at Amazon.com. Can’t help myself.

2. Writing. Like Annalee, I list writing as a guilty pleasure because even though I consider it my career now, I still feel guilty about it. Who am I to get paid for doing something I love? Writing consumes me sometimes and I feel guilty for not being maniacal about the housework and not being a gourmet cook and not wanting to go outside and do yard work. Maybe we need to start a ‘guilt support’ group for writers.

3. Cheesy TV shows. I love sappy romantic adventures. I bought the entire series of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s The Lost World on DVD and devoured every episode, I just got the first disc of Remington Steele season 1 from Netflix, I was a sap for Scarecrow and Mrs. King and Tales of the Gold Monkey, The Tomorrow People, Blakes 7…anything with a little suspense, a lot of romantic tension and junky special effects.

4. Petit Fours. Okay, this is sort of in the candy and chocolate category, but the flavor doesn’t even matter. Every Christmas I buy myself a huge box of assorted petit fours and I sneak two or three every time I go in the kitchen until they’re all gone. I like Marzipan too, though I don’t buy it as often.

5. Craft Stores. Let me loose in Rag Shop, AC Moore, Michael’s …anyplace that sells fabrics, candles, beads, etc, and I’m dangerous. I’m always interested in starting a new hobby and I don’t need much of an excuse to go and buy supplies. Yesterday, my friend Jessie gave me a crochet kit and taught me the basic stitches. Bad news. I’m already thinking about making some projects and wondering if I should stock up on yarn…

4 comments:

Angela's Designs said...

I have way, way too many scrapbooking and stampin' supplies considering I hardly ever use them! I've hundred of dollars worth stickers. It's bad, bad. I should have put that on there.

Angela's Designs said...

Instead of chocolate. :)

Two Voices Publishing said...

I have scrapbooking supplies too! I started scrapbooks for the kids, but honestly it's not one of my talents. You should see my fabric stash for quilts and the craft books I have! I need therapy.

Two Voices Publishing said...

Hey Jessie! Thanks for stopping by! My Mom actually has a lot of yarn for me to practice on. When I'm ready to do a big project, though you can take me bargain hunting!