Friday, January 05, 2007

A Mini Rant

You know what I hate? I hate coming up with a great title for a book, and not having the book to go with it.

I have a couple dozen great titles, titles for a series, titles for epic science fiction, even titles for spicy erotica, none of which have story lines to go with them.

I used to think having a story without a title was frustrating, but this is much, much worse.

Do you have titles without stories, or stories without titles?


Edited to add the Cover Art for Concubine's Tale

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup to both. I understand your pain!

But for me the absolute worst thing is having a character without a story or a plot without characters!

Zinnia said...

My brain must work backwards. A great title is usually what inspires my plot and characters.

Well, sit down and start thinking of what kind of heroine suits that title and do the same for the hero and see what happens. :-)

Shelli Stevens said...

Yeah I've been in both boats. But I kind of agree, a great title and no book can be such a downer! LOL.