Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #18




I've tried. Really. Dieting just doesn't work for me because the sad truth is, I like to eat. Food is good. Life is short. Enjoy it while you can.



Thirteen Reasons I’ll never be skinny

1. Chocolate covered strawberries - I cannot pass these up. They're fruit, though. So that makes them okay.


2. Fried Oreos [ever try them? OMG!] - We found these at the board walk last year, now my SIL makes them when we go to her house. To. Die. For.


3. Black raspberry ice cream - always my favorite, why? Because it's purple.


4. Lobster with butter sauce - Nirvana


5. French fries - I know, I know. French fries are death, but they're soooo good.


6. The Cheesecake Factory- Chocolate Rasperry Truffle Cheesecake. Any day.


7. Thanksgiving - the holiday eating begins


8. Halloween - the candy lasts until Christmas


9. Walnut Brownies - or rather brownie-covered walnuts


10. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups - my downfall


11. Maggie Moo’s - the bext ice cream mix-ins ever


12. Krispy Kreme - Better than Dunkin' Donuts. Good thing there aren't any close to home.


13. Jogging sucks - Nuff said.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!






14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list!
(says the woman who walked for an hour this morning and then stopped for a bagel and cream cheese on the way home, lol)

Two Voices Publishing said...

LOL! I made the whole family go for a walk the other night. They complained the entire time and decided next time the only place they will walk to is Dairy Queen. They're reasons 14, 15, and 16 why I will never be skinny.

Sparky Duck said...

I was disappointed the other day because we went to a fair and I could not find deep fried oreos!

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

Yeah, baby! I'd rather enjoy life and all its bounty than be skinny and die never having enjoyed myself! WTG!

Sara Thacker said...

Yum, chocolate. I love it too much.

Paige Tyler said...

LOL!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

Elle Fredrix said...

Fried Oreos?? Seriously? It sounds revolting but judging by the rest of your list we were in the same line-up for tastebuds.

How do you fry them?

Anonymous said...

Deep fried oreos?? What will they think of next.

Anonymous said...

Chocolate and peanut butter is my downfall too. One of the secretaries around the corner keeps both Reese Pieces and Peanut Butter cups on her desk for everyone, and four other types of candy.

Debbie Mumford said...

Fried Oreos? Really? I can't quite imagine it ...

Angela's Designs said...

Yummy, you're making me hungry. My favorite Dunkin Donut was the icing-like cream-filled. If KK had those, I'd like them as much as DD. But they only have KK here in town so I can't be picky. LOL.

Shari said...

You had me at lobster!!

Two Voices Publishing said...

Deep fried oreos - dip 'em in waffle batter and drop 'em in hot oil, flip 'em over after a couple of minutes and take 'em out to drain on paper towels when they're golden brown. For the best thing ever - set one on top of a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

But don't have your cholesterol checked for about a month afterward. Just sayin' LOL.

Shelli Stevens said...

OMG I love some of those. I've never had fried Oreos. I'm kind of scratching my head. LOL.