Monday, February 25, 2008

Back to the real world

Winter vacation is over!!

Yay.

Everybody went back to school/work etc. today and I had some peace and quiet. It was nice.

I know I complain a lot about school vacations, but I have to say the week wasn't a total loss as far as getting my work done. I cleared out all my editing projects last week and I realized that even though I may complain a lot about my work load when I've got editing to do, as soon as I don't have any, I miss it.

Yeah, I need to take a pill for that.

I also completed Wolfsbane 2: Leader of the Pack and sent it off to Amber Quill. [Look for the Howling at the Moon...Again Amber Pax in August 2008] AND I finished my submission to Nocturne Bites. This story was originally written in part as a Pax submission, but I never finished it. Molten Man got that Pax slot and this story got put in a drawer. I'm thrilled to have finally finished it, even though it's short, because the beginning was so good. The characters deserved an ending.

Today in addition to reveling in having the house to myself, I picked up my paycheck from the town [they got my hours wrong :( ] I ran to DS's eye doc to get a new Rx for his glasses, since the one the doc wrote last week left the people at LensCrafters too baffled to do more than inspect their belly button lint. [Don't get me started!] The doctor was delayed in surgery [have you ever known surgery to NOT include a delay of some kind?] So my ride over there was for nothing. They have to mail me the correct Rx.

By the time I finished lunch, I realized I had 3 minutes to get over to the school for the Winterguard Bake Sale. I couldn't find a parking space, I forgot to bring napkins [Silly me, kids don't care about napkins when they're ripping cupcakes out of plastic trays and shoving brownies into their mouths.] We sold out in 7 minutes [A record - usually it's much less time] And I was on my way home again.

Now I've got to dig back into one of my NY submissions and prepare for some rewrites.

Overall I can't complain that I didn't have a productive week. Now I have to think of something else to complain about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

but somebody got to read some great stuff....