Saturday, March 15, 2008

A day in the life...

After reading this interesting post by Robin Hobb, I felt I should blog. LOL. She makes an interesting point about getting sucked into the Internet when we should be writing. And as I mentioned on Romance Divas, writers are somewhat duped into thinking that all the time they spend blogging, chatting, and posting to Yahoo groups is helping their careers by leaps and bounds, when the best thing we can do for ourselves is write, write, write.

That being said, who needs the Internet to suck time away from writing when everything does the same thing so well?

Here's my Friday:

6:30 AM Wake up DD for school, nap until 7:00
7:00 AM Get up, get breakfast, prep DD for school
8:00 AM shower, dress, make beds, do dishes
9:00 AM Start work at the 'day job', transcribe town meetings
1:00 PM Leave office, stop at bank
1:30 PM Arrive home, handle series of e-mails and phone calls re: Winterguard
competition scheduling snafu
2:30 PM make lunch, visit Romance Divas while I eat
3:00 PM Find creative ways to pay bills while emptying checking account of DH's
paycheck deposit
4:30 PM Order dinner [pizza], set table, feed pets
5:15 PM Dinner break, clean up dinner, empty dishwasher and refill
6:00 PM Check e-mail and make hairpiece for new Wintergaurd member
6:45 PM Work on WIP
9:00 PM Punch time card and curl up in front of the TV, too exhausted to care what I'm
watching

So, at least yesterday, the Internet vampire got very little of my life blood, yet still I ended up drained. Where does all the time go? RL, I suppose, is the real vampire.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I admire your dedication. Getting to your WIP at 6:45 on a Friday takes a great deal of dedication.

Two Voices Publishing said...

LOL, thanks. As well as the inability to get up from the desk, so I might as well write.

Two Voices Publishing said...

Well, I don't really have a response to that last comment. It says it all.

Mind you I wouldn't follow that link.

I'm not gonna delete it, only because it looks cool, even though it's obviously spam.