Thursday, October 20, 2005

Make Progress Every Day

That's my motto up there. Make Progress Every Day. It's tacked up to my bulletin board above my desk and as far as inspiration goes, I have to say it works. It's easier to 'make progress' than to fulfill a quota of pages or chapters or word counts. I usually always feel like I've accomplished something each day - made a little bit of progress - and that keeps me going.

Today's progress: I edited my final draft for the last of the four anthology stories I volunteered to write during a fit of insanity several months ago. The stories total over 87,000 words. Now if only I could write one 87,000-word novel. LOL. Short is easy.

But, they constitute progress. Today's editing is complete. I also worked on a synopsis for the story I pitched to Dorchester at the NJRW conference. Now where can I come up with another 87,000 words? Ah well. Tomorrow I'll make a little more progress.

7 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

I like being the first commenter on a new blog!

Way to go and congrats on entering the world of blogging.

Angela's Designs said...

First of all... I missed that you pitched your story! I wasn't in the right place at the right time to catch that news until now. Congrats!

And then... Last night I was listening to Lora Leigh on Sally Painter's paranormal show. She's among the first authors I read and so I listened as a fan. I ended up picking up on a one "tip"... She said that she writes from about 7:00 a.m. to midnight. She's writing all the time.

DD Blackman said...

Congrats on the blog. It looks great.

Bebe said...

Congrats on the anthology! And welcome to the blogging universe.

Two Voices Publishing said...

Thanks for your comments fellow Divas. It really is addictive.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Motrin+high blood pressure Lawyer merck recall vioxx43 Ephedra loss supplement weight Kids phonic area rugs medical malpractice west palm Tenuate ship to on line http://www.withdrawal-from-percocet.info/answeringservice.html Legal malpractice rancho mirage

Anonymous said...

What a great site Lafayette louisiana laser hair removal Samurai chair Virtual game for girl online Exercise lose body fat Classic chevrolet pickup Used timeshare american tv abe lurie moving company Oldsmobile blocks 396021f Vista print free business card Escambia county florida tax collector silk flowers car cd changer installation