Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I've been Tagged

Fifteen things you didn't know . . . and were afraid to ask:


1. I talk to myself . . .a lot. That may be a function of being a writer, though I talk less to my characters than I do myself.

2. My favorite Christmas gift is a new nightshirt or pajamas. There’s something wonderful about going to sleep on Christmas night in a brand new pair of pajamas.

3. Although I’ve wanted to be a writer since I was 10, I also wanted to be a private investigator. I know the reality of the job is a lot less glamorous than it's portrayed on TV, but it still always attracted me.

4. I believe in reincarnation and I’m collecting information on my own past lives. So far I have a little bit of data on three.

5. I can’t resist chocolate desserts. If I’m eating out and something on the dessert menu that isn’t chocolate looks good to me, I’ll still cave and take the chocolate dessert. It’s an addiction.

6. I once ate chocolate cheese. And I liked it.

7. I hate getting to the movies late. I once made my date take me home because we didn’t make it to the movie theater before the movie started. [Previews don’t count.]

8. The worst smell in the world is the smell of burnt popcorn. It gives me a headache immediately.

9. My favorite color is purple. I always wanted a purple car [back when only pimps drove them.] Now that I could get a purple car, I don’t want one.

10. I wear contact lenses and I couldn’t live without them. If I had to go back to wearing glasses full time, I’d be utterly lost and very uncomfortable.

11. I don’t have pierced ears because I’m a big chicken. My husband has offered to buy me diamond earrings if I get my ears pierced and I turned him down.

12. I’m afraid of clowns. Not phobia-afraid, but I avoid them if at all possible.

13. I’m not afraid of snakes, but I am afraid of spiders.

14. If I could become any animal, I would be a bird because I’d love to be able to fly without fear of falling.

15. My dream vacation spot is a tropical island with miles of beaches to explore. [Preferably if I didn't have to fly to get there - or take a boat.]

3 comments:

Angela's Designs said...

I talk to myself too. ;)

I've considered being a PI too. I talked with someone who did this up in AK, and probably would have joined but then she broke up with my relative and cut ties with my realm of friends.

My mother found a chocolate bowl. I should take a picture of it. You wouldn't guess it was chocolate by looking at it.

I haven't worn earrings regularly for about 20 years and the holes won't close! I have 5 of them, in my ears only. I bet that some of the people who are young now will be thinking in 20 years, why on earth did I get a pierced belly button.

Two Voices Publishing said...

Annalee - maybe we should write stories about PIs! The Mayor in the town I work in is a PI and I've wanted to interview him and get some good background research.

Laine - I've always found anything oriental to be very soothing and homey. I wonder if I had a life in the Orient? I do believe I was a Native American at least once [and a man besides!] and I was told by past life regressionist that I was a Gnostic Priest [also a man!]. I will have to do a blog entry about it one of these days.

Angela's Designs said...

Maybe we should coauthor a story or work on two story book! That'll be more motivational. LOL.

Oh, and I came back to share this site. http://www.pajamagram.com/ I saw the tv commercial. You'd get a free do not disturb sign.