Tuesday, August 15, 2006


It's finally here! I've been waiting a long time to see the cover art for my second sci-fi novel.

Look for Ravenstar's Bride coming in September 2006!

In other news

It went out today. The Hunted: Rogue Theta was sent to EC this afternoon, critted, tweaked, synopsed and prayed over a little bit. Now the waiting begins. At least I feel like I accomplished something today.

After a two-day mini-vacation that included a very enjoyable day at the beach, I came home to another agent rejection for The Matchmakers. Pfft. Nothing like seeing the shine go off a really nice day in the time it takes to open an envelope. It wasn't a bad rejection, per se, but even the good Rs are still Rs. So I needed something to boost my spirits. It's funny how submitting used to be terrifying, now it actually makes me feel better about myself and my writing. Each submission is another chance for someone to see my work and love it.

In addition to that, I signed on to write another Amber Pax story for a shapeshifter anthology and I'm pretty juiced about that contemporary/paranormal story I've been meaning to write. I really need to get steaming on something. I've been writing a lot lately and scrapping it because my internal editor has apparently stopped taking her medication. She hates everything I write, or she likes it, but ends up talking me into trashing it because it's just not the direction she wants the story to go in. I should fire her. Of course then I'd be without an internal editor. Maybe she just needs a forced vacation.

Back to the drawing board.

3 comments:

Shelli Stevens said...

Good luck with your EC novel! And welcome to the waiting club :)

Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin said...

Love your new cover! And EC is going to LOVE Rogue Theta! They're crazy if they don't!

Two Voices Publishing said...

Thanks, Shelli and Lisa! My fingers are crossed so tight I can barely type!