Monday, May 08, 2006

The Creative Quagmire

Lately I've been struggling to drag myself out of a creative quagmire. I'd been feeling a little lost, kind of bored with my plots and not sure what direction to go in.

For some reason, that's cleared up a little bit now. I don't know exactly what did it. I just completed edits for The Soul Jar [scheduled for release in June from NCP] and that seemed to kick start my muse. I really loved writing that story and it was good to revisit it. Receiving a request for a partial of The Matchmakers also boosted my confidence a little bit. This one less than 24 hours after sending out the query. Fingers crossed!

I'm taking the night off to watch sit coms and put my feet up. Tomorrow, back to work on another Amber Quill anthology story - and Wednesday I'm blogging at Amber Quill Authors' Blog - gotta' come up with something to talk about...I'm leaning toward meatloaf.

Grin.