Thursday, May 18, 2006

There’s No Place Like Plrtz Glrb

It's been my goal to visit a few Diva blogs every day and find out what's up with my sisters [and brothers] in crime. The problem with visiting blogs and leaving comments is those wacky little test boxes that contain those unpronounceable little ditties like:

qumdsrm

jaojwof

ghjilgyt


You have to copy these letters exactly, which wouldn't be so hard if they weren't printed in Dali script - that melty, slanted, squashed way that makes them truly impossible to read. I understand this prevents automated responses, but they drive me nuts because half the time I get them wrong. I can't tell "l" from "1" or "q" from "g" and it's very frustrating. I comment anyway and I stare at the screen and try to puzzle out what I'm seeing and cross my fingers hoping it's correct.

I know, I'm guilty. My blog requires this little eye test too, and it is necessary, but I wish the computer geniuses who can think up ways to make automated posts and annoying viruses would turn their attention to something really useful like security codes humans can read but the computers can't. Is that too much to ask?

2 comments:

K.A.S. said...

Sometimes my biggest accomplishment of the hour is getting not one, not two, but three in a row of those boxes correct!! Go Me!

I'm with you. Blogger could pick a better system!

Anonymous said...

Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
»